Shopping for your baby is always an intense experience, whether you’re picking out a crib or deciding on what type of blanket they should snuggle up with at night. Even more nerve-wracking is selecting what play centers and jumpers to get for your child; not only is picking one out important for keeping your baby happy, but interactive jumpers play an important role in your child’s development.
So, to help take some of the stress out of choosing the best jumper for your baby, we’ve compiled some useful information for you regarding what to look for when shopping for a jumper, as well as six jumpers that might be right for you.
It’s also important to understand both the importance of jumpers in a baby’s development and how to use one safely, so we’ve included some pointers in the latter half of the article, just to make sure that you’re as prepared as possible! Now, let’s get started, shall we?
Table of Contents
- 1 How To Choose the Best Baby Jumper
- 2 Top 6 Best Baby Jumper Reviews 2019
- 2.1 1. Fisher-Price Woodland Friends SpaceSaver Jumperoo – A Good Choice If You Have Limited Space
- 2.2 2. Baby Einstein Neighborhood Friends Activity Jumper – An Excellent Choice If You Want a Comfortable Activity Center with Lots of Features
- 2.3 3. Sassy Inspire the Senses Bounce Around Activity Center – A Safe Choice with Customization Opportunities
- 2.4 4. Jolly Jumper (On a Stand) – A Basic Jumper for Those Who Want to Take a Simpler Approach
- 2.5 5. Evenflo Exersaucer Bounce and Learn, Zoo Friends – A Great Choice for an Easy-to-clean Interactive Bouncer
- 2.6 6. Fisher-Price Love U Zoo Jumperoo – A good choice if you’re looking to split the difference between interactivity and simplicity
- 3 Benefits of Using Baby Jumpers
- 4 How To Use a Baby Jumper Effectively and Safely
- 5 Mother Knows Best
How To Choose the Best Baby Jumper
There are many products out there to choose from, so if you’re feeling a little overwhelmed by all the choices, don’t worry: we’re going to give you some tips to choosing the right jumper for both your baby and you. Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for a jumper:
1. Affordability – While it’s natural to want only the best for your precious baby, raising a child is already an expensive endeavor, so try to avoid breaking the bank when buying a jumper; typically a jumper is only used for a few months of a baby’s life, so make sure that the amount of money you’re investing into the purchase is worth it for the short amount of time it will be used.
2. Safety – Nothing is more important than your child’s safety, so be thorough in your vetting process when picking out a jumper. Make sure it is made of high-quality, sturdy materials that won’t break or bend and endanger your baby’s safety; also make sure that the jumper is an appropriate size and height for your child; babies come in all shapes and sizes, and picking a jumper that is too high or too tight for your baby could negatively impact their health and happiness.
3. Interactive Components – Jumpers with toys and music are very popular with parents not just because of how much fun they are for the baby, but also for how they help with the child’s development. Interactive toys provide stimulation for the baby’s visual and auditory senses while also helping them develop better hand-eye coordination. Jumpers with a variety of toys will also keep a baby entertained for longer.
Top 6 Best Baby Jumper Reviews 2019
There is, as mentioned earlier, a very wide selection of baby jumpers to choose from. In order to help you find one that suits your needs, we’ve put together a list of the best baby jumpers currently on the market.
|Fisher-Price Woodland Friends SpaceSaver Jumperoo||10.5 lbs||3 AA||4.7|
|Baby Einstein Neighborhood Friends Activity Jumper||19.18 lbs||3 AA||4.7|
|Sassy Inspire the Senses Bounce Around Activity Center||11.5 lbs||2 AA||4.6|
|Jolly Jumper (On a Stand)||11.3 lbs||No||4.8|
|Evenflo Exersaucer Bounce and Learn, Zoo Friends||8.0 lbs||No||4.8|
|Fisher-Price Love U Zoo Jumperoo||17.2 lbs||3 AA||4.9|
1. Fisher-Price Woodland Friends SpaceSaver Jumperoo – A Good Choice If You Have Limited Space
Fisher-Price has been making high-quality baby products for years, so it’s no surprise that many of their jumpers are considered the best.
We’ve selected the SpaceSaver Jumperoo because it is a good quality product while also, as indicated by the name, a space saver.
While the toys it has are simple, there are enough of them to keep your baby entertained, and this jumper is an excellent choice for any parent living in a smaller residence, like an apartment or condo.
2. Baby Einstein Neighborhood Friends Activity Jumper – An Excellent Choice If You Want a Comfortable Activity Center with Lots of Features
One of the most popular baby jumpers out there, the Baby Einstein Activity Jumper does indeed have many appealing features.
Not only is it made from good materials (a sturdy yet light frame that folds down for easy storage), the jumper is softly padded for your baby’s safety and comfort. It also has a wide variety of interactive features that can keep your baby endlessly entertained (a small piano with adjustable volume, toys that spin and can be pulled down to chew on, and many more; you can even hook on additional toys for even more fun!)
Additionally, the seat is height-adjustable and rotates, allowing your baby a full range of motion when playing and bouncing.
3. Sassy Inspire the Senses Bounce Around Activity Center – A Safe Choice with Customization Opportunities
The Sassy Inspire not only has a fun name, but is also a safe and reliable choice for your baby.
Made of all non-toxic materials and with sturdy feet to keep the product well-balanced, the Sassy Inspire offers your child a good selection of interactive toys (a bead chaser, a rattle toy, a mirror, as well as a ladybug that lights up and makes noise) while also letting you customize your baby’s experience by removing or adding on additional toys (do, however, check to make sure that all toys you add on are attached securely, so that they do not come loose or fall during your baby’s playtime).
And not only can the seat be adjusted for height and rotate 360- degrees, the seat pad itself also machine-washable, a definite plus for any parent! That being said, please make sure to carefully set the jumper for your child’s height; if not set correctly, the jumper can become unstable.
4. Jolly Jumper (On a Stand) – A Basic Jumper for Those Who Want to Take a Simpler Approach
The Jolly Jumper is what’s considered a simple stationary jumper; a jumper like this has no toys or interactive devices, but instead consists of a strong frame, a sturdy seat for your baby, and an elastic cord that allows your baby to bounce and jump.
A great choice for any baby in that pre-walking stage, the Jolly Jumper helps your baby build muscle strength and develop their coordination and motor skills. The simple design allows for easy portability, and the carefully designed sling will ensure that your baby’s back is fully supported no matter how enthusiastically they bounce!
5. Evenflo Exersaucer Bounce and Learn, Zoo Friends – A Great Choice for an Easy-to-clean Interactive Bouncer
The Zoo Friends Exersaucer is an excellent choice if you’re looking for an option with a lot of interactive toys.
Not only does it have more than ten activities built in, many of the toys are detachable, letting you take your child’s favorites with you anywhere.
The vibrant coloring also stimulates your baby’s sense, and the three height adjustments allow for your baby to continue using this bouncer even as they continue to grow.
This bouncer is also a good choice if you’re looking for something easy to keep clean; the plastic parts can be easily wiped clean with a damp cloth, and the seat pad can be laundered in your washing machine.
6. Fisher-Price Love U Zoo Jumperoo – A good choice if you’re looking to split the difference between interactivity and simplicity
The Love U Zoo Jumperoo is another Fisher-Price jumper that is very popular among parents and caretakers for both its unique interactive features as well as how easy it is to assemble and use; it’s ideal if you’re looking for a versatile jumper that can be moved or stored with minimal fuss.
Made of steel and strong plastics, it’s a very sturdy product, and easy to assemble and take apart thanks to its simple design.
While not as extensive as other jumpers, it provides more interaction compared to simpler products like the Jolly Jumper, making it a good choice for you if you’re looking for a good middle-ground between interactive toys and ease of use.
Benefits of Using Baby Jumpers
Baby jumpers, bouncers, and activity centers utilize a wide variety of interactive toys that help promote your baby’s developmental growth.
The bouncing aspect helps to develop their muscle strength and motor control, while the various toys encourage tactile and visual development, hand-eye coordination, cause & effect learning, and more.
All in all, jumpers and bouncers can be very useful in helping to engage your baby and aid in their development.
Do make sure, however, to do activities with your baby beyond what is provided by a jumper or bouncer. These products are fun for both you and your child, but they shouldn’t be used as a full substitute for an active lifestyle, and physicians recommend against using a jumper or bouncer for more than thirty minutes at a time. As with many things in life, it is important to exercise moderation in regards to using a bouncer or jumper.
How To Use a Baby Jumper Effectively and Safely
Regardless of what jumper you ultimately decide to buy for your baby, it’s important to remember that their safety and well-being is always the top priority. With this in mind, here are some things to always keep in mind when using a jumper.
- Always make sure to place any jumper or bouncer on a flat surface and make sure that the floor is clear of debris, particularly sharp objects
- Different jumpers usually have age, height, and weight restrictions; while most modern jumpers are adjustable, always make sure that the jumper you’re using is sized appropriately for your child
- Never place a jumper or bouncer near stairs or a pool; it is a serious risk for your baby, particularly if they bounce enough to shift the jumper’s placement
- Make sure to always double-check that all straps, clips, and attachments are securely in place
- When placing your baby in a jumper, make sure that they are comfortable and secure; if there is too much room in their seat or not enough, there is a chance your baby could be injured during play
- Make sure to keep pets away from the jumper while your baby is using it; not only are pets a risky distraction to both your baby and you, it is possible for your pet to become injured if they get too close to the jumper while your baby is bouncing
- Most importantly, NEVER leave your baby unsupervised when in a jumper or bouncer
If you have any doubts about your baby’s readiness to use a jumper or bouncer, be sure to consult your pediatrician, who will be able to determine if your baby is at an appropriate stage of development for what you have in mind.
Mother Knows Best
While the final decision on what style or brand of jumper to buy for your baby is ultimately up to you, we hope that the information in this article will be able to help you make a well-informed choice that will benefit both you and your child.
And remember: even if the wide variety of choices seems daunting, don’t forget that you instinctively know what’s best for your baby; between that maternal instinct and the knowledge you’ve gained from this article, picking out the perfect jumper for your baby should be an enjoyable and straightforward experience. Happy shopping!