Finding the right faucet for your kitchen can be a huge task. Bad faucets can mess up your sinks, cause unnecessary sinks, cause corrosion to the faucet because of a not durable finish, and many other drawbacks.
On the other hand, a good faucet will provide safety for the water, will be durable, will cost less, and enhance the overall design of your kitchen. This is why you should carry out a lot of research before you buy any faucet.
Therefore, in this article, we will review the best kitchen faucets available in the market, different types, their pros and cons, buying guide and the frequently asked questions in the area of kitchen faucets.
Table of Contents
- 1 Types of Kitchen Faucets
- 2 How to Choose the Best Kitchen Faucet
- 3 10 Best Kitchen Faucets – 2018 Reviews
- 3.1 1. Moen 7594ESRS Arbor – Best Motionless Faucet for the Money
- 3.2 2. Delta Faucet 9178-AR-DST Leland Kitchen Faucet
- 3.3 3. GICASA Semi-Pro – Best Pull Out Kitchen Faucet
- 3.4 4. Delta Foundations 21996LF-SS – Best Kitchen Faucet with High Pressure
- 3.5 5. Ruvati RVF1216ST Commercial Style Pullout Spray – Best Durable Pullout Faucet for the Money
- 3.6 6. Kraus KPF-1650SS Kitchen Faucet – Strong Pressure Faucet
- 3.7 7. Peerless P299578LF-SS Choice Two Handle Kitchen Faucet
- 3.8 8. VCCUCINE Best Modern Stainless Steel Brushed Nickel – Simple Kitchen Faucet with High Arc Spout
- 3.9 9. Enzo Rodi ERF7209251CP-10 Kitchen Faucet – Durable Faucet with Extra 3 Hole Deck Plate
- 3.10 10. Pacific Bay Rainier Coil Kitchen Faucet – Strong Pull Down Faucet
- 4 How to Replace and Install a Kitchen Faucet (Video)
- 5 Kitchen Faucet Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- 6 Conclusion
Types of Kitchen Faucets
Pull out faucets are the second most popular faucets. You can find this type of faucets in modern hotel kitchens and homes that have a casual appearance.
Their spray wand can make a 360-degree turn. You can also pull it downwards. It returns to its original by itself position because of the magnetic head that supports it when not in use.
This also makes it easy to wash bigger pots and the area around the sink. No wonder hotels typically prefer them.
Much similar to the pull-out faucets. However, you only pull this faucet downwards. People with bigger sinks should buy this faucet since its spray wand enables you to pour the water in the sink only.
The problem with this faucets nonetheless, is that it malfunctions if water comes through the wand with little pressure. See to it that you fix any pressure issues before fixing this type of faucet.
Almost all homes use this kind of faucet. It is simple in appearance and use.
It uses one handle. This makes it easy to pour water in your sink.
However, it has its limitation. You cannot pour hot and cold water at the same time because of its singleness.
This is an upgrade of the single handle faucet. The two-handle faucet comes with two handles, of course. Cold water comes through one handle and hot water through the other.
This makes it easy to control how water flows and how hot or cold the water becomes.
Traditionally, you could only find this type of faucet in any professional kitchen. However, things have changed with time. You can now find these kinds in any home.
This is for people who want to decorate their kitchen. They have a long hose with different spray head alternatives. You can switch from one pattern to another using the lever commonly referred to as the toggle lever.
You do not have to touch these faucets for water to pour as the name suggests. Just bring the pot that you want to fill near the faucet and voila, water springs out of it.
The faucet uses a battery that keeps the faucet switched on always. This shows significant advancement in technology, and therefore you can use this faucet especially in a home where there are kids who just want to play with the water.
This faucet comes with an extra faucet that works independently. Take for instance, when the main spray wand breaks down. Will you just sit there and comfortably say there is no water?
The separate spray hose acts as a great alternative in this case. However, it utilizes old technology.
How to Choose the Best Kitchen Faucet
You can easily get lost when going through the vast faucets that your local faucet dealer provides. It is in everybody’s interest to bring home the best quality in the market. A good faucet will last long and will not break easily by slight mishandling.
So, what do you choose?
- Think of How You Will Install the Faucet
Before you settle on the sweet advice that the dealer is giving you, think about what how you will fix the faucet.
Determine the number of holes needed so that you do not buy something that you will return to the seller within a few days.
For instance, if you have one hole, then you will choose a faucet that has its handle and spouts joined up. In the case where you have three holes, then you will have to consider a faucet that has two levers and one spout.
- The Sink in Your Home
Different homes have different sinks. Therefore, you have to think of how deep and big your sink is. For instance, you would not go for a short spout if your sink were deeper.
Pull out faucets are suitable for cases where the sink might be shallow. This is to enable you to fill your larger pots with ease.
Also, these pull out faucets and spray faucets would work perfectly if you have double sinks in your home.
- The Design You Want
There are different faucet styles available in the market. So, it is up to you to choose a faucet that will fit your need. Additionally, choose something that matches the design in your house so that you can brag when friends and family visit you.
- Ease of Clean
Pick a friendly faucet that does not show fingerprints and water spots. This is most important even when you are choosing a good finish for the faucet.
- The Internal Parts Should be Easily Replaceable
You do not want a situation where you will have to buy a new faucet all over again. Therefore, ensure that you can replace the broken parts quickly once they break.
- Consider the Spout’s Height
See to it that you pick something that will fit the needed height so that people can easily reach the spout while filling pots or washing their hands.
If you have a cabinet just above the sink, ensure that you choose a spout that will fit that exact height.
10 Best Kitchen Faucets – 2018 Reviews
|Pacific Bay Rainier Coil Kitchen Faucet||Stainless||4.9|
|Enzo Rodi ERF7209251CP-10 Kitchen Faucet||Brass||4.9|
|VCCUCINE Best Modern Stainless Steel Brushed Nickel||Copper||4.8|
|Peerless P299578LF-SS Choice Two Handle Kitchen Faucet||Plastic||4.8|
|Kraus KPF-1650SS Kitchen Faucet||Brass||4.8|
|Ruvati RVF1216ST Commercial Style Pullout Spray||Brass, Metal||5.0|
|Delta Foundations 21996LF-SS||Stainless||4.8|
|GICASA Semi-Pro||Stainless Steel||4.7|
|Delta Faucet 9178-AR-DST Leland Kitchen Faucet||Metal||4.7|
|Moen 7594ESRS Arbor||Lead Free Brass||4.9|
1. Moen 7594ESRS Arbor – Best Motionless Faucet for the Money
This faucet has a motion sensor that will detect any movement neat it. You do not have to touch for water to flow. Simply bring the pot near it, and it begins to fill the pot.
Therefore, you will not see any fingerprints on the spout. This makes it easy to clean. The faucet moves with ease and when you remove the spray head and it will easily return itself to the original position. It also has a button, which you can use to control how water flows; either spray or stream. You can either use a 1 or 3 hole.
- No fingerprints hence you can stay longer without washing it
- You can easily turn the valve to change into hot or cold temperature
- Durable spot resist stainless finish
- Easy to install
- Water leaks if not well installed
- You have to buy batteries to run the motion sensor
The faucet has a magnet technology that returns the hose to its original position once you are done with it. This means that pulling it back should be none of your concerns.
The hose is 59’’ inch long and can turn all round. Thus, you can reach far distant objects when filling pots. Also, it helps to get into contact with your whole sink.
It is built to stay longer since the diamond seal technology prevents water leakages in every way.
You can also clean it with ease, as the finish does not allow fingerprints and water spots to be seen. This is the best faucet I have seen so far.
- Its seal technology makes it firm
- It is long
- Hose magnet returns the faucet to its original position
- Finish does not allow stain to build up
- It can splash a lot of water when in spray mode
- It requires a deeper and larger sink
3. GICASA Semi-Pro – Best Pull Out Kitchen Faucet
This faucet is beautiful to look at. The design itself matches with the room’s aesthetics. For instance, it has a pull out design, and has a dark brown finish on it, which gives it a vintage look. Therefore, it is a perfect gift for vintage lovers.
Additionally, manufacturers use brass to construct its body material. This makes it stronger and hard to resist. In fact, you will not find any plastic material even when you check under the sink.
- Easy to install
- Comes with instructions that make installation process easy
- It leaks if you do not install it properly
4. Delta Foundations 21996LF-SS – Best Kitchen Faucet with High Pressure
This two-handle faucet’s spout is long and can swivel 360 degrees. Therefore, you can fill it from whichever side you choose. The spout is also high enough, which makes it easier to use your sink.
Additionally, the faucet comes with a side sprayer that lets flow out of it with high pressure.
- Water flows out of the spout with high pressure
- Stainless finish makes it difficult to corrode
- High spout
- 2 handles make it easy to change temperature from hot to cold
- Handles can fall off/ break if not properly treated
5. Ruvati RVF1216ST Commercial Style Pullout Spray – Best Durable Pullout Faucet for the Money
This effective faucet is worth your money. The stainless steel finish will prevent corrosion and scratches that ruin your faucet.
Additionally, this product is strong and firm as manufacturers use brass to make the faucet. It has a splendid coil that has two spray heads. You can choose to switch between the stream and spray with just pressing a button.
- Long and flexible spout
- The faucet is aesthetic
- The button for changing the spray method is plastic which makes it easy to break
6. Kraus KPF-1650SS Kitchen Faucet – Strong Pressure Faucet
You will be proud of the choice you made with this kitchen faucet. The finish prevents rust and corrosion of the faucet.
It has a 1 or 3 hole(s) for installations. You can choose any depending on how you prefer it. It also has a pull down spout that makes it easy to function around the sink. You can return it to its original position easily with its magnetic docking ability.
- It is firm
- You can choose between the aerated and powerful spray stream
- Rust resistant
- Easy to clean
- The spout is tall thus making the faucet look weird
This is a two-handle type of kitchen faucet. In addition to the two handles, it has a sprayer on its side that you can use to fill an extra jar especially when you are in a hurry.
The amount of water flowing out of the sprayer is glorious: about 6.8 liters pours from the faucet within a minute. Therefore, this is a good faucet for its price.
- Durable because it has stainless steel coating
- Water flows out with a high pressure
- High arc that makes a full rotation
- Easy to install
- The sprayer stays open even when not in use
8. VCCUCINE Best Modern Stainless Steel Brushed Nickel – Simple Kitchen Faucet with High Arc Spout
Some kitchen faucets can make it difficult for you to work in the kitchen. Therefore, this faucet makes your sink-use experience different. This is because the faucet is long with a spout height of 13 inches.
The nickel finish on the faucet provides a cover that makes it durable. This makes it hard for rust to makes its way on the faucet.
- Easy installation
- Higher spout
- You can install it in an industrial and it will look aesthetic
9. Enzo Rodi ERF7209251CP-10 Kitchen Faucet – Durable Faucet with Extra 3 Hole Deck Plate
You can install this faucet using 1 or 3 holes. Manufacturers provide a 3 holes deck plate for those who prefer the 3 hole faucet.
Installing the faucet is easy. Just follow the instructions given in the manual. It also comes with a dual spray system; spray and stream systems. Make sure you use the button on the nose to change between the two.
It is made of various strong materials such as zinc, brass, and metal to prevent corrosion.
- Easy to install by yourself
- Easy to clean
- Strong body hence difficult to break
- Has tiny hoses which pours water slowly when filling a pot with water
10. Pacific Bay Rainier Coil Kitchen Faucet – Strong Pull Down Faucet
The ceramic disc valve is strong and hence prevents dripping of water while turning. It comes with a 1 hole installation, but the manufacturer provides a deck plate for a 1 hole optional installation.
This faucet is lead-free and uses heavy-duty metal that keeps it from corroding.
Its spray function can change between spray and stream function depending on what you are washing.
- High arc increases surface area for cleaning
- The spout can stretch deep into the sink to prevent splashing
- It is aesthetic
- High-quality ceramic valve
- Some may find the faucet to be taller
How to Replace and Install a Kitchen Faucet (Video)
Kitchen Faucet Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
In the case of single handle faucets, just remove the cartridge and use silicon-based grease for lubrication. Do not use any petroleum grease as a lubricant.
On the other hand, replace the handle if it is a two-handle faucet.
I hope the review will help you save your time and money when choosing a good faucet for your home. Please tell us which you think you would love to install for your house. Leave a comment at the comments section and we will appreciate.
You can also share the article with your friends.