Has the charm and glory of your smile faded over the years? Have your teeth yellowed themselves out and forgotten their pearly white essence? Fear no more, for teeth whitening kits will save the day!
Teeth whitening has since the middle ages been a fancy of the rich and even the poor, and now, with modern technological advancements, even you can have a crystal clear smile in just a few minutes! The practice is old, but the innovation is modern.
Below, we have listed the top 10 best teeth whitening kits of 2020 that will bring back the charm of your good old days.
Table of Contents
- 1 10 Best Teeth Whitening Kits of 2020
- 1.1 1. Crest Teeth Whitening Strips – Best Whitening Strip Technology
- 1.2 2. AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Kit – Best for Sensitive Teeth
- 1.3 3. Dr. Song Home Carbamide Syringe – Best for Easy to Use
- 1.4 4. Active Wow Teeth Whitening – Best Whitening Formula
- 1.5 5. Shine Teeth Whitening Kit – Best Rated Overall
- 1.6 6. Premium Teeth Whitening Kit – Best for Regular Use
- 1.7 7. EverWhite Teeth Whitening Kit – Best Gel Whitening Treatment
- 1.8 8. Cali White Vegan Teeth Whitening Kit – Best for Touch-Ups
- 1.9 9. EverSmile WhiteFoam Invisalign Cleaner – Best Value for Money
- 1.10 10. M3 Dental Whitening Home Kit – Best Affordable Kit
- 2 Benefits and Drawbacks of Teeth Whitening Kits
- 3 The Types of Teeth Whitening
- 4 How To Pick The Best Teeth Whitening Kit
- 5 Wrap Up
10 Best Teeth Whitening Kits of 2020
|Model||Full Result In||Our Rating|
|Crest Teeth Whitening Strips||20 days||4.8|
|AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Kit||20 days||4.8|
|Dr. Song Home Carbamide Syringe||100 days||4.7|
|Active Wow Teeth Whitening||10 days||4.8|
|Shine Teeth Whitening Kit||10 days||4.6|
|Premium Teeth Whitening Kit||10 days||4.6|
|EverWhite Teeth Whitening Kit||Not Listed||4.6|
|Cali White Vegan Teeth Whitening Kit||7-10 days||4.7|
|EverSmile WhiteFoam Invisalign Cleaner||10-14 days||4.7|
|M3 Dental Whitening Home Kit||Not Listed||4.6|
1. Crest Teeth Whitening Strips – Best Whitening Strip Technology
Crest Whitening Strips will remove 14 years of teeth stains, which are extremely hard to get rid of using ordinary toothpaste. This includes stains caused by tobacco, tea, coffee, wine, and the like. These stains cannot be removed easily by merely using a toothpaste, which is why Crest has taken upon itself to provide quality service and premium teeth whitening.
The Crest Strips use a highly advanced seal technology that conforms to the shape of the teeth, whitening the teeth while keeping the enamel safe. The whitening gel used is extremely safe and is similar to the ones used by most dentists and physicians. This means that the enamel will not corrode and will not be harmed in any way. The substances used are completely harmless and will not stain or damage.
- Results are visible after just 3 days.
- Full teeth whitening within 20 days.
- Removes 14 years of stains.
- Highly advanced seal technology.
- Safe for the enamel.
- May not be suitable for sensitive teeth.
2. AuraGlow Teeth Whitening Kit – Best for Sensitive Teeth
The AuraGlow Teeth Whitener uses dentist quality gel that sticks to your teeth and ensures a brighter smile. This is done with safe materials so as to ensure absolutely zero sensitivity. The user will not even feel the after-effects of the mouth tray and the gel, and the teeth will be just perfect.
The AuraGlow contains no harmful chemicals. This means that the entire product is 100% enamel safe and will not corrode or damage the enamel in any way, leaving your teeth as strong as ever.
The mouth tray is essentially comfortable and will not be painful to put on. The entire structure is made of silicone, and will fit any mouth regardless of the size and shape. And the best part? It costs almost nothing!
- 5 LED lights to cure the gel.
- Professionally acclaimed teeth whitening gel.
- Silicon mouth tray for extra comfort.
- Enamel safe; does not harm the teeth.
- Perfect for sensitive teeth.
- Requires zero molding or boiling.
- Painless procedure.
- Regular use may make the gums and enamel sensitive.
3. Dr. Song Home Carbamide Syringe – Best for Easy to Use
The Dr. Song Home Teeth Whitening Kit is a complete set of everything you need to get those pearly white teeth. The set includes 4 extra-large syringes with teeth whitening gel, 2 syringes with remineralization gel, LED teeth whitening accelerators, applicator brush, boil and bite mouth trays, and gum protectant swabs enriched with Vitamin E.
Unlike most syringe whitening kits, the Dr. Song Whitening Syringe Kit is ten times safer and enamel-friendly. The gel contains small amounts of carbamide, which will help whiten the teeth. The mouth tray is also exceedingly comfortable, and will not cause any discomfort or jaw pain. In fact, this is the most painless syringe kit we have ever seen.
The Dr. Song Teeth Whitening Kit promises a full refund for the product if anything goes wrong. You don’t even have to return the whitening kit! This is by far the best refund policy we have ever heard of.
- Carbamide Gel; perfectly safe.
- 100% money back guarantee.
- Powerful LED light accelerators.
- Enamel safe.
- Will not leave stains or pain.
- Easy to assemble.
- May not suit sensitive teeth.
4. Active Wow Teeth Whitening – Best Whitening Formula
With Active wow teeth whitening you can easily whiten your teeth in one go. It is a high-quality product that comes with two whitening syringes, two remineralization gels, two professional trays, one accelerator tray and one tray for easy storage.
It is made with a lot of focus and there is quality control. It should be used once a day for fifteen days to remove stains from coffee, cigarettes, tea or any other food. Having a weight of 3.2 ounces and an LED lightning, it brings cheaper whitening formula to your mouth.
The company is so confident and sure about their product that they are ready to refund the money if the customer is not satisfied.
- Easy instructions and the effect is evident after one use
- Good for sensitive teeth
- Don’t cause any side effect
- Has faster whitening results than other whitening tools
- Does not leave a bad taste in your mouth
- Need to do it three times to get good results
- The method is more time consuming than the actual application.
5. Shine Teeth Whitening Kit – Best Rated Overall
This product comes in a pack with two whitening gel syringes as well as two remineralization gels which help reduce the sensitivity of teeth after use.
Having a packing of 5.2 ounces, this kit is a perfect way to whiten your teeth and avoid those expensive procedures from your dentist every 6 months. It also comes with a mold to perfectly fit your mouth.
- Don’t have to use it on consecutive days, many people saw results after first application.
- There is no mess or stickiness after use in your mouth or any residue
- Removes stains from all types of foods and drinks like coffee, sodas, smoking, and wine
- Can get whiter teeth under 20 minutes.
- The product burns the gums if it touches them
- Hard to take off retainer once you put it in hot water
6. Premium Teeth Whitening Kit – Best for Regular Use
Are you a coffee lover and candy eater? Are you tired of having stains on your teeth due to the kind of food you eat? Well, this is the perfect product for you then. You’ll never be afraid of showing your teeth after using this product.
It comes with two remineralization gels, two setting trays, two syringes, an instruction leaflet and an LED light giving you the ultimate pack to whiten your teeth. This product has been known to run out of stock so hurry up and order yours if you want shiny white teeth at home.
- It has a safe formula with no extra chemicals and so it is ideal for sensitive and dull teeth
- Users have seen a difference with only one use
- Painless and safe for your enamel
- It has excellent customer service and customers reviews say that it has a quick service
- Have to try a few times before getting white teeth
- The method gets a little hard as saliva accumulates in the mouth
7. EverWhite Teeth Whitening Kit – Best Gel Whitening Treatment
Avoid going to the Dentist every now and then by using the EverWhite at home Professional Teeth Whitening Kit that will provide you with the same results but at home and at less the amount.
This product comes with two vitamin E syringes, two mouldable syringes, two teeth whitening gels, one LED light whitening, one easy to follow the guide and one wipe for teeth cleaning.
- Results are seen immediately and many have seen results on their first try
- It whitens your teeth effectively without leaving any stains
- It has a nice minty flavor unlike its counterparts
- The effect is known to be durable for a long time which will prevent the hassle of doing it again and again.
- Has caused sensitivity in teeth of some users
- Take a while to get used to it.
8. Cali White Vegan Teeth Whitening Kit – Best for Touch-Ups
Cali White Vegan Teeth Whitening as it goes by the name is for Vegans and those who prefer kosher, gluten free, sulfate free products. It has been approved by dentists and it contains approved organic ingredients.
This product comes with two gel syringes, two custom fit thermoform trays, LED light for quicker whitening and one comfort fit tray. It has been known for removing all kinds of stains.
- Famous for removing all kinds of stains from smoking, tea and wine and all that from your first try.
- You can get ivory white teeth under an hour while you watch your favorite TV show
- The Universal comfort fit tray provides full whitening for your upper and lower teeth and is custom-able and mouldable for your size
- Has a minty flavor on the first use and does not cause any sensitivity due to the remineralization gels gave with the box.
- It can get a little messy on the first use so needs time to adjust to the product
- Does not whiten on the first use, customers needed a little time to whiten their teeth properly
9. EverSmile WhiteFoam Invisalign Cleaner – Best Value for Money
It is the only wearable cleaner and tooth whitener, you can whiten your teeth all day while wearing it and doing your daily chores. Having a packing of 3.5 ounces, it comes with an EverSmile WhiteFoam gel and two trays to properly cover your teeth.
This WhiteFoam retainer is basically instructed to be worn the entire day and it contains the chemical hydrogen peroxide which not only kills harmful bacteria present in the mouth but also keeps your teeth clean and white. There is no need for soaking and sinking the tray and you can get that fresh minty breath
- Get rid of the smell that stays in your mouth even after wearing retainers
- The result is 100% effective and leaves no stains
- Has a minty fresh flavor that stays for a long time
- Forms a cloudy film on your Invisalign which is difficult to get off.
10. M3 Dental Whitening Home Kit – Best Affordable Kit
Our last product for the day is the Premium Teeth whitening Home kit. If you are looking for an affordable teeth whitener which keeps your teeth fresh and clean then this is the product for you.
With a shipping weight of 5.6 ounces, this product comes with two gel syringes, two remineralization gels to avoid sensitivity, a blue LED light and easy to use guide to get those white teeth that you have been looking for.
- Ideal for sensitive teeth as it is made up of safe ingredients that won’t damage your teeth
- It is safe for your enamel and is painless on every use
- Very fast action and easy to use
- Your teeth get brighter on a scale of five days
- The light is not comfortable according to some users
Benefits and Drawbacks of Teeth Whitening Kits
Teeth Whitening Kits have been around for quite a long time now, and as much as people love them, their negative effects have also begun to surface over the years. The benefits and drawbacks of teeth whitening kits are:
The Types of Teeth Whitening
If you want the best teeth whitening kit, it is essential to understand the different types of kits, their uses, effects, duration, amount of pain and discomfort, and their approximate price range. Below, we have listed the exact details of three different types of teeth whitening kits.
Take a look!
1. Teeth Whitening Strips
Teeth whitening strips are not recent. They have been around since at least 1980, and have since spread all throughout the world. The most prominent seller of whitening strips is Crest. These strips usually contain hydrogen or carbamide peroxide in one form or another, and are usually very slightly abrasive. This, in turn, removes tougher stains from the teeth and leaves the enamel safe and intact.
Teeth whitening strips may or may not leave side effects, as with other teeth whitening methods. These side effects usually include temporary high sensitivity, white spots on the teeth, gum irritation, and a bleaching effect on clothes or skin. These are not harmful, but can be quite irritating and at times discomforting enough to stop the use of these strips.
Whitening strips should not be used on braces, dentures, fillings, veneers, caps, and the like. They only work safely on natural teeth.
Whitening strips can cost as much as $50, but no more than that. Most are as cheap as $20. As compared to the other methods, whitening strips are a cheaper option.
2. Light Accelerated Bleaching
Light accelerated bleaching is pretty recent. This method employs the use of high power light, usually LED, to accelerate the process of teeth bleaching. This method is usually faster than the strips, but is a bit more dangerous. For one thing, the “temporary high sensitivity” side effect is a bit more enhanced in this method, and may leave other side effects.
Light accelerated bleaching and LED teeth whitening kits can be bought and the entire procedure can be done at home. These kits also use hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide, and are just as effective as whitening strips. There is still debate over whether the LED lights actually accelerate the procedure or not.
This method is generally a bit more expensive, costing as much as $80, and even more when done by a dentist.
3. Whitening Gels and Trays
The gel and tray method has recently become popular, and is quite similar to whitening strips.
The gel used by the strips is directly applied to the surface of the teeth by means of a small applicator brush or sometimes by hand. The side effects are the same as whitening strips, and the entire process is just as cost effective.
How To Pick The Best Teeth Whitening Kit
Although our instincts tell us to just buy the product as soon as we see it, it is very important to understand that a few things need to be considered before making the final decision:
We can’t stress this enough. Never buys something that you can not afford. While teeth whitening products rarely cost a fortune, we understand that some may not be able to afford it.
With that being said, never spend too much money on a product which has no guarantee, even if you can afford it. Some sellers may sell teeth whitening kits at a ridiculously high price and may try to scam you. Beware! A very expensive product which has no guarantee has a risk of being useless, and you’ll end up wasting all your cash. A very cheap product should be avoided too, as it must be so cheap for a reason.
2. Ease of Use
Another factor to consider when out buying teeth whitening kits is the ease of use and comfort level provided. No one wants to use a product that will cause serious discomfort and pain. Teeth whitening strips rarely cause much discomfort and are exceptionally easy to use. LED accelerators can be a bit of a pain in the neck, especially since they require to keep the mouth open for at least half an hour. Buy the one which is the least painful. Do not compromise on comfort. Opening the mouth for too long can also cause jaw pain, TMJ dislocation, and much more in the long run.
3. Sensitivity Level
Some, if not many, teeth whitening products increase the sensitivity of the teeth tenfold. This effect is only temporary, but can cause severe discomfort and, sometimes, severe enamel corrosion. When choosing the right teeth whitener, it is important to consider that some products make the teeth more sensitive than others.
Teeth whitening strips can sometimes increase the sensitivity, and this usually depends on the concentration of the bleaching agent. Peroxides and titanium compounds can corrode the teeth, and should mostly be applied every other day, contrary to the everyday use that the manufacturers advise.
LED light-accelerated whitening kits make the teeth more sensitive than strips, and this can be a problem for many. Which is why they are best when avoided.
In general, be sure to look at the product reviews and see if any customers have had any sensitivity problems. Who knows? Maybe you could be the next one.
Teeth whitening is one of the oldest body beautification techniques in the world, and now we know why. The process is simple yet sophisticated, and if done right, can actually be pretty helpful in boosting our confidence and enhancing our self-esteem.
There may be side effects of teeth whitening. But if even after all of this your teeth remain the same, just remember to love yourself the way you are. For you are truly beautiful when you’re being yourself.
So get those wallets out, pick up that credit card, and cash your way to a brilliant white smile!